In conjunction with Kaleid Gallery’s Two Buck Tuesday Event, and the Healthy Art Program I will demonstrate how to make non toxic, eco friendly oil and egg tempera paint.
Tuesday February 21st
7pm – 9pm
88 S 4th Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Why go to the trouble of making your own paint?
(1) You can make pure paints free of toxic fillers and additives
(2) The colors are likely to be stronger and more brilliant
(3) You can customize the paint to suit your needs
(4) It can save money
(5) You can make colors that are not available from artist’s paint manufacturers
(6) It puts you in touch with your artist heritage
(8) By making paint you learn to understand more about paint and can get more out of it
(9) Natural paints are derived from organic materials and contain no synthetic
ingredients. Due to their organic nature they are compostable and some are
(10) Natural paints also contain low or no VOCs so they are healthier.
Recipe and resource lists will be available to take home.
Two Buck Tuesday is a monthly event hosted by Kaleid Gallery. Come enjoy an inspired evening of art demos, performances, live painting, scrumptious tastings, $2 art & quirky people get together!
It’s free and open to all ages!